Roller Test Bench
It's easy to look at the Roller Test Bench and dismiss it ("What's the big deal?"). The roller test bench doesn't measure anything directly. However, looks can be deceiving - here are some of the things you can do with the Roller Test Bench.
- Break-in motors
- Break in gears (i.e. improve gear mesh)
- Check/adjust gear mesh
- Check for bent axles
- Check for excessive rear bushing play ("slop")
- Check for out-of-round wheels and/or tires
- Check for tires that are not seated on wheels properly
- Examine drivetrain components while running (body off)
- Check for body interference (body on) - simulate body roll by putting light pressure on different areas of the body
- Check rear wheel RPM's (requires non-contact tachometer which must be purchased separately)
Fits 1:32 and most 1:24 RTR cars. (e.g. Carrera, BRM, Scaleauto)
We've been using variations of this tool for the past 7-8 years. It's simple to use and effective. Whenever Team SCC goes racing, there's a Roller Test Bench in our pitbox.
Note: Requires external power supply - not included. Recommended 0 - 15 variable DC with minimum 3A continuous current rating and digital readout.
Note: Voltage meter displays power supply voltage starting at approximately 3V up to approximately 15V.