C.B. Design Classic Steel Wheels 14x6mm (Silver) are high-performance CNC machined aluminum wheels designed to look like stamped steel wheels ("Steely's"). For best performance, we recommend:
- Quick Slicks high-performance silicone tires
- Paul Gage urethane tires
- Slot.It or Sloting Plus 3/32" solid axles
Package contains one (1) pair of wheels.
Here is a link to an article from Home Racing World which features the CB Design Classic Steel Wheels.
*** Please Note ***
C.B. Design Wheels are designed to minimize "slop" caused when wheels fit loosely on an axle. Because of slight variations in axle diameters and the wheel's axle bore (i.d.), C.B. Design Wheels may not slide onto a given axle like other manufacturer's wheels. Here are some tips to achieve the best results:
- ALWAYS use a brand new axle. For best results, we recommend Sloting+ or Slot.it axles.
- Try another axle
- SLOWLY twist the wheel onto the axle. NEVER force the wheel if it is too tight!
- Enlarge the i.d. of the wheel SLIGHTLY using a hand held reamer. Test fit frequently until the desired fit is achieved.
- Using a fine grit sandpaper, wet sand the end of the axle. Test fit frequently until the desired fit is achieved.
- Use a high quality .9mm hex driver to prevent rounding the head of the set screw. Use caution not to overtighten the set screw.