SCC Gear/Wheel Reamer, 3/32"
The SCC gear/wheel reamer is designed to enlarge the inner bore of gears and/or axles slightly to provide the proper fit on Slot.it 3/32" axles (part # SIPA01). Made of HSS to ensure the cutting flutes remain sharp for years of use. Examples of typical uses:
- Enlarge the inner bore of NSR gears to fit Slot.it 3/32" axles. NSR gears have an inner bore which is just a "tad" too small for 3/32" Slot.it axles. If you would like to use an NSR spur/anglewinder gear with a Slot.it 3/32" axle, the SCC gear/wheel reamer will remove just the right amount of material for a proper fit.
- Enlarge the inner bore of stock/aftermarket wheels to fit Slot.it 3/32" axles. If you plan to use a stock/aftermarket wheel with a Slot.it 3/32" axle but the fit is too tight, never force the wheel on the axle! Instead, use the SCC gear/wheel reamer to remove a slight amount of material for a proper fit.
- The reamer "flutes" (cuting edges) are extremely sharp! Use precaution when handling the reamer not to get cut.
- The reamer should NOT be used with a power tool - hand ream gears/wheels only.
- The reamer should ONLY be turned clockwise to prevent damage to the cutting flutes.
- Before each use, carefully coat the reamer with a fine coat of cutting oil for bes results and to prolong the life of the reamer.
- Wear eye protection when using a reamer.
- The reamer will produce very fine, sharp metal shavings. Use precaution when cleaning/removing the shavings not to get cut.