** NOTE: This is a LEFT-HANDED controller. This controller is identical to the DD304; however, it also includes a digital voltage readout (refer to product photo). Colors vary (silver shown in product photo).
The Difalco Genesis DD306 is a next generation 1/32 controller which incorporates several new design features including:
- Extreme Stopping Power (E.S.P.) brake relay. The new E.S.P. brake relay significantly improves full brake response for scale and retro type racing. The brake relay is controlled by a tiny switch on the circuit board. When activated, the heatsink mounted relay bypasses the brake rheostat and the fuse to give the shortest resistance path and maximum braking. Since the relay does not depend on contact between the trigger and the brass brake post the braking response will not degrade because of arcing built up on the contact surfaces. This means perfect and consistent braking every time.
- Improved ergonomics: All Genesis controllers now feature a cable type design. The heatsink has been moved from under the handle to the track panel - the result is a lightweight handle design with a flexible cable from the handle to the heatsink unit. All Genesis controllers also feature a new brake and transistor fuse for enhanced reliability. These controllers are positive polarity only and can not be switched to negative polarity. Note: If you require dual-polarity, DD302 HD30 dual polarity "E"motion 3 controllers can still be special ordered - contact us for details.
- Adjustable brakes, E.S.P. brake relay, adjustable sensitivity, Blast full power relay, traction control, ball bearing trigger and more (see below for complete list of features)
- Design: All Difalco Genesis controllers are built on a fiberglass frame with floating silver power contact, stainless steel hardware, and heavy duty wire. The circuit board is nickel plated and will not need to be oiled or corrode like plain copper designs.
- Flexibility: Unlike resistor based controllers which are designed to work for a very narrow range of applications, the Difalco Genesis controller will work with virtually any 1/32 motor.
- Control: The 30 band design provides a wide range of control which can be easily adjusted to match the car (motor, chassis, tires, magnet/no magnet, etc.), track (layout, surface, lane, etc.) or your driving style. The Genesis HD30 comes standard with a 290 ohm "resistor network". The resistor network is mounted to the controller via a small PCB. Additional resistor networks with different values are available in our online store. The optional networks will allow racers to further tune the performance characteristics to meet their specific requirements.
- Sensitivity: Wide range of sensitivity adjustment to match car, track and driver characteristics.
- Traction Control: This feature which allows racers to adjust how much voltage is sent to the track when the controller trigger is NOT in the full-on position. When the trigger is in the full-on position, the feature is bypassed (i.e. full power is sent to the track). Some racers incorrectly refer to this as a "choke".
- Power: Difalco Design controllers can deliver more power to the track! Heavy duty components throughout ensure 100% of track power gets delivered to your car. Stranded copper 10 AWG wires from the heatsink to the track can handle the most demanding 1/32 power requirements. All Genesis HD30 controllers also feature a Blast full power relay. A heat sink ensures components remain cool which further increases reliability.
- Circuit Protection: All Difalco Genesis controllers feature a new brake and transistor fuse for enhanced reliability.
- Reliability: High-quality components combined with a race-proven design result in a controller you can count on during the most demanding race conditions.
- Maintenance: Genesis electronic controllers and modules are simple to maintain. Unlike resistor and diode controllers the wiper block does not carry the full car power. No wiper block arcing! No sanding! Cleaning the wiper contacts ("bands") is very easy because of the open design (the controller handle does not have to be disassembled). Unlike other designs Genesis HD30 transistor products can be easily repaired by any racer! The transistors are inexpensive and can be changed by removing two screws and two solder joints!
- Service & Support: With regular user maintenance, your Difalco Controller will give you many years of trouble-free service. In the unlikely event a problem should occur, Difalco Design stands behind their product and will work with you to resolve the problem.
For questions about controller operation or basic troubleshooting, contact Slot Car Corner for assistance. For problems that require more in-depth troubleshooting, repair or replacement, you will need to contact Difalco Design directly for assistance. For convenience, we have provided contact information below.
phone: (772) 334-1987