** PLEASE NOTE ** The Tire Machine Base Module includes a pulley that will fit a 3/32" axle. Additional (optional) pulleys for 3mm and 1/8" axles will be available in the future; however, we do not have an estimated availability date at this time. As more information becomes available, we will share it here.
The CG Slotcars Modular Tire Truing System is unlike any other slot car tire truer available. The Modular Tire Truing System consists of a Base Module plus several optional modules that add functionality to the base module. The unique modular design lets slot car racers purchase only the functionality they need. Because the individual modules are designed as part of a complete system, they work together seamlessly. At the heart of this system is the Base Module which provides everything needed to perform basic tire truing. For many racers, the Base Module is all that will be required. More advanced racers and tuners may decide to extend the functionality of the Base Module by adding one or more Optional Modules. Features for the Base Module and Optional Modules are described below.
The CGTM01 Base Module (see product photo) provides everything needed to true urethane and rubber tires used on 1:32 and 1:24 RTR cars with press-on wheels with tires up to 31.50mm in diameter. Designed to be easy-to-use, the Base Module includes a host of features described below.
Note: Two of the three screws securing the motor to the swingarm now have a phillips head screw instead of hex head screws shown in the product photo. The two phillips head screws are loosened to install/replace the drive belt. The hex head screws required a 7/64" hex driver which can be difficult to find. Phillips screwdrivers are much more commonly available.
Here is a video made by Harry Wise that provides an overview of the Tire Machine.
Note: To power the Base Module, you will need an external variable DC power supply (not included). Minimum recommend specs are 0-12VDC with a minimum rated output of 5A. Digital readouts for voltage and current recommended.
- CNC Machined Aluminum Base Plate – The base plate provides a sturdy mounting platform for all tire truer components and optional accessories. Rubber feet isolate vibration during sanding operations.
- Glass Bead Laser Sintered Nylon – This material is used for the 3D printed components. This is a special nylon that was selected because it is very strong and lightweight.
- Heavy duty High Torque DC Motor – Includes wires with banana plugs for easy connection to external power supply (not included).
- Precision Pressure Adjustment – Large adjustment knob allows fine adjustment of tire pressure on sanding stick.
- Over-sized Swing Arm - The sturdy swing arm design ensures there is no flex when the tires come in contact with the sanding stick.
- ABEC-5 Sealed Ball Bearings - Over-sized precision ball bearings support the swing arm pivot points. The ball bearings provide ultra-smooth operation and long life.
- Adjustable Bushing Mounting Arms – Bushing mounting arms can be adjusted to accommodate a wide range of rear axle assembly widths (distance between bushings). Arms can be positioned 18mm, 24.6mm, 31.2mm, 37.8mm or 44.4mm apart.
- Compatible With Standard Axle Sizes – The Base Module supports rear axle assemblies wit0068 3/32” (2.38mm) OD axles. Optional Pro-Axle Kits will also be available to support cars using set screw wheels (3/32”, 1/8” and 3mm).
- Two-sided Sanding Stick – The sanding stick is designed with a slight recess on the top and bottom surfaces. The allows sandpaper to be attached (glued) to both surfaces and prevents sandpaper on the bottom surface from being damaged as the sanding stick moves back and forth during sanding operations. The supplied sanding stick includes 220 and 400 grit sandpaper.
- Pro-Pack Sanding Sticks (Optional) - Additional Pro-Pack Sanding Sticks will be available for purchase separately in 600/1000 and 1500/200 grit combinations.
- Precision Captive Sanding Stick Holder – The captive design ensures the sanding stick stays perfectly flat and does not lift during sanding operation (manual or with optional Reciprocator module)
- Included Accessories - Includes one (1) pulley for 3/32” axles and 2 drive belts
Optional Modules - (Available for Purchase Separately Early 2023)
The Optional Modules described below are designed to work seamlessly with the Base Unit (required for all modules). Optional Modules are completely independent of one another – you can add as many or as few as you like.
Dial Gage Module – For sanding tires to desired OD and repeat for multiple tires if desired. This module consists of a sturdy arm to securely hold a dial gage. We offer two (2) variations of the Dial Gage Module. The first variation consists of the mounting arm and a quality dial gage. If you already have a dial gage, or prefer to purchase your own, the second variation allows you to purchase just the mounting arm.
Reciprocator Module – Automatically moves sanding stick back and forth during sanding operation resulting in a smoother tire contact patch (fewer “lines” and “grooves”) which extending sandpaper life. Reduces operator effort when sanding tires.
Drive Reduction Module – Provides 3:1 RPM reduction – this is helpful when sanding difficult compounds such as silicone and soft rubber tires.