*** Note: This is the newer version (gray packaging) of the C8515 Digital Chip **
Scalextric C8515 Easy Fit Digital Plug (New Version)
Convert your Scalextric DPR car to digital in under 60 seconds with the C8515 Easy-Fit Digital plug. No soldering required. Suitable for cars fitted with DPR feature.
Scalextric Digital represents a ground breaking step forward in the way Scalextric is played. Now, with the DIGITAL system, up to six cars can race on one lane*. At the press of a button, drivers can switch lanes for overtaking and blocking!
EasyFit Digital Plug
Most cars produced from 2007 onwards will have, as standard, a socket on the car where the EasyFit Digital Plug is connected to convert the car for use on a SCALEXTRIC DIGITAL layout. C8515 EasyFit Digital Plug is suitable for fitting to standard DPR Scalextric cars. The conversion only requires a small screw-driver and takes less than sixty seconds to perform.
To Convert a DPR car
- Unscrew the panel on the base of the car and disconnect the braid-to-motor wiring plug.
- Connect the EasyFit Digital Plug to the braid-to-motor wiring plug.
- Replace the retaining screw to secure the EasyFit Digital Plug to the chassis.
- The EasyFit Digital Plug offer a 'plug and play' solution - DPR Scalextric cars to be digitised in under sixty seconds.
- Each C8515 EasyFit Digital Plug can be transferred easily from one car to another.
- There is no need for a soldering iron or modelling expertise.
- C8515 EasyFit Digital Plug is suitable for fitting to standard DPR Scalextric cars.
- To convert open-wheeled single-seat F1 style DPR Scalextric cars to Digital, use C8516 F1 EasyFit Digital Plug.
- Many non-DPR Scalextric cars can be converted to Digital using Digital Chips C7005 and C7006.