- Motor mount configuration: Anglewinder
- Motor mount offset: 1.0mm
- Motor: Flat 6 20,500 RPM
- Wheels/Tires: 17.3 x 8.2mm
- Adjustable Front Axle: Yes
- Suspension: Optional (must be purchased separately)
In the year 2000 Audi launched the R8 LMP model, a car destined to dominate endurance racing for the next several years. On December 31, 2000 the "Race of One Thousand Years" was held at the Adelaide race circuit in Australia. Audi entered an R8 LMP decorated in a special "Crocodile" livery as a homage to Australia. The race lasted 850km instead of the originally planned 1000km because of time constraints. The Audi R8 LMP "Crocodile" car driven by Rinaldo Capello and Allan McNish won the race.